Friday, January 1, 2010

John Galliano Spring 2010

Yeah, I'm REALLY late, but seeing this video, below, of John Galliano's fashion show for spring 2010, I am blown away and wish so hard that I was there. Well, I wasn't. And from just seeing videos and pictures of the show, I'm still amazed. Inspired by Sunset Boulevard, Galliano plays with colors, like ice blues, lemons, and powder pinks, and mixes them into lacy blazers, long gorgeous gowns, coats decorated in clusters of flowers made of film gel, delightful head pieces, and extravagant makeup work. The set was mind blowing as well, with the laser- lit runway and large bubbles, which would gently float and then evaporate into vapor once collided with another object. (p.s. before playing the video below, you may want to pause the music on my music player to listen)

(photo source: hintmag.com & style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails