Friday, January 15, 2010

Sheepy Boxers

When I was looking for a vintage denim jacket of my mom's, I came upon these delectable sheep boxers I must have made in middle school, in my Home EC class...



I remember snatching the fabric right out of another admirer's hand after just one glimpse. Blushing at my forgotten manners, I handed the fabric right back to him.
The fabric was amazingly soft too... and luckily, there was enough left for two people.
I got incredibly excited to get down to work, but the teacher used up the entire period to explain about safety rules like... do not stab yourself with scissors or do not stab others with scissors.
Well, at least a day later, after five other periods, I was able to start. It was my first sewing project and with a decent result, I was inspired to create another sewing project of my own.
I dragged my mom to fabric stores and Wal-Mart (they have a fabric section... for those who didn't know) and found a gorgeous pastel fabric of bright reds, yellows, oranges, and a bit of icy blues. However, being a batty typical teenager, I found interest in theatre too and forgotten about the sewing project. 
Now that I found my sheep boxers, memories lead me back to the floral fabric. I am thinking about turning it into a dress, but I may not be able to work on it soon… hopefully you'll see a post about it by summer, though… but you may even have to wait for next year to see it.. I am a busy person :/

xoxo,
Yvonne



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails